5 Tips for Organizing Your Office
Working in a messy, cluttered atmosphere can often be cause for stress and lack of productivity. With the holidays around the corner, you are probably in overdrive, trying to get as much work done as you can so you can relax and enjoy the holiday season. One of the best ways to increase your productivity level while decreasing your stress level is to organize your office. Check out five quick tips that will have you de-cluttered and working better in no time:
- Sort the “stuff” stack: Everyone has the dreaded pile of “stuff” that just seems to accumulate on its own. Take charge and get your desk space back by finally sorting through the “stuff” pile. Try sorting through it one hour a day to keep yourself from becoming overwhelmed.
- Toss the old documents: Sometimes you will find yourself saving random documents that aren’t really needed in the future. Sift through these documents and ensure that you are throwing out only what you don’t need. Ask yourself if you will ever need it again or where to put it if you decide to hold onto it.
- Place the items you use most closest to you: Your desk can become a bit crowded if you don’t put items back in their spots. Keep necessities such as pens, pencils, calendar and a note pad close by and put other items such as tape, a stapler, and a calculator into appropriate storage areas for easy access when you need them.
- Keep supplies in storage areas: Office supplies should be kept where they belong, in designated storage areas. Free up some desk space and storage space by placing extra supplies in designated containers so you can know where they are when you need them.
- Business should be separate from pleasure: Refrain from putting reading materials or other personal items in your business space to avoid distractions as well as clutter.